AND MANAGEMENT POLICY
To beneﬁt all residents and to insure proper use of both the rented premises and the entire building, Tenants agree to comply with the following Rules and Regulations. These Rules and Regulations are part of Tenants' Lease.
1. Tenants will use the premises for residential purposes only; will not conduct any business in or from their premises; will obey all laws, ordinances, and health regulations; and will do nothing that may injure the reputation or condition of the building or its owner. Solicitation of any kind, by guests or Tenants, is prohibited at all times.
2. Tenants will not do anything or keep anything in or about the premises that in any way will increase the risk of ﬁre or that may conﬂict with ﬁre or insurance regulations.
3. Tenants shall respect the rights of all other tenants/occupants of the building to peace and quiet and will not disturb any of them unreasonably by shouting or other loud use of his or her voice, with noise, music, radios and televisions, odor, or in any other way. All abusive, disorderly, violent, or harassing conduct by a Tenant, including but not limited to abusive and/or foul language, sexually explicit comments toward tenants, occupants, onsite management, maintenance staﬀ, or management is prohibited and is grounds for immediate termination of tenancy. Likewise, vandalism of any kind by a Tenant on or to Landlord's property is prohibited.
4. Tenants are responsible for the behavior of any and all of their guests, visitors, and invitees. Such persons may not break Tenants' Lease or these Rules and Regulations. Tenants are responsible to pay for any damages or clean-up resulting from the conduct of their guests, visitors, and invitees.
5. Except for controls in Tenants' premises, intended for Tenants' use, Tenants will not operate any other controls relating to the building's utility services without the expressed, written, prior approval of Landlord. This includes but is not limited to heating and air conditioning, water and sewer, gas, electric (including lighting), elevators, laundry, or other equipment, and Tenants will not enter the boiler/furnace/water heater room.
6. Tenants will not obstruct entrances, public areas, hallways or other corridors, stairs, exits, elevators, lobbies, driveways, parking areas, walks, or ﬁre escapes.
7. Tenants will not drive any nails or screws into walls, ﬂoors, tiles, ceilings, woodwork, or partitions; will not drill holes or fasten any article on any part of the premises, or damage or deface the same. Pictures may be hung, provided that only small size "a" type “Bulldog" type hangers or push pins are used. Use of tape, glue, or adhesive of any kind is not permitted. Nothing, including clothes, towels, pictures, or any other item, shall be hung from ceilings, pipes, sprinklers, or any ﬁxtures of the premises. Damage to the building will be billed to tenant.
8. Unless modiﬁed by the Lease, animals are not allowed at any time, under any circumstance, except for legally authorized service animals, approved in advance.
9. Tenants may, with permission of management have doors re-keyed, providing management with a set of new keys. If this is done without notifying management, a rekey fee ($50) will be added to your account, at moveout.
10.No furnishings may be taken from the premises and put in halls, basement, or on porches or balconies without prior consent of Landlord, even for limited times. No blinds, shades, or screens shall be attached to, hung in, or used in connection with any window or door of the premises without prior written consent from Landlord.
11.Tenants will not varnish, paint, paper, or otherwise decorate any walls, ﬂoors, doors, woodwork, or cabinets without prior written permission of Landlord. All restoration costs (even if decoration was with permission) will be at Tenants' expense, but must be approved in advance, and supervised by Landlord.
12.No vehicle or bicycle shall obstruct a drive or in any way interfere with others' access thereto, nor shall they be parked on lawns, shrubberies, patios, walkways, or lawn extensions. Bicycles may not be brought into the premises without prior consent of Landlord. Vehicles shall not be repaired, lubricated, or washed on driveways or in parking areas of the premises. Any vehicle of Tenant or of Tenants' guests or invitees that leak oil or hydraulic ﬂuid (which damage blacktop) must be removed, and Tenant is responsible for any cleanup (including environmental cleanup, and repair.
13.Tenants will act reasonably to conserve water and energy, and will report running toilets and faucets to Landlord for service. Tenants will not make unreasonable use of heat, leave windows open during cold weather, or leave televisions or other permitted devices on and unattended. Tenants will not remove screens and/or storms from the windows, even brieﬂy.
14.Tenants will not install any aerial or antenna, and they will not erect or use any radio transmitters in the premises without both appropriate ﬁlters and prior written permission from Landlord.
15.Tenants will use toilets, tubs, and sinks only for their primary purpose and will never use them to dispose of sweepings, rubbish, rags, garbage, sanitary napkins, or other items likely to clog them. Tenants are liable to pay Landlord for any expense it incurs for repairing damage (including unclogging toilets and drains) caused by Tenants, their guests, or invitees.
16.Tenants will keep/store any personal property only in their premises or in such space as Landlord may assign them in writing, but storage of kerosene, gasoline, or other ﬂammable or explosive agents is always prohibited. Landlord is not responsible for any items left in the premises at the end of the Lease term.
17.Trash and garbage (including recyclables) always shall be placed in the trash and recycle containers provided by Landlord, and container lids, if any, must be kept tightly closed at all times. In a single family home (including premises in duplexes), Tenants will put their trash cans and recycle bins curbside for the City's scheduled pick-up, and will return cans and bins to their normal non-curbside location the same day. We encourage tenants to report any residents found to be littering.
18.Tenants will perform reasonable housekeeping in their premises to maintain them in a clean, neat, and sanitary condition. Tenants will ensure proper ventilation of all areas were water is used. Mold or Mildew caused by tenant neglect will be tenants ﬁnancial responsibility and could be cause for eviction/collection. Tenants will be responsible to keep the laundry area clean after their own use.
19.Unless expressly permitted by Landlord in writing, Tenants shall not display any signs, ﬂags, pennants, placards, advertisements, notices, pictures, ornaments, stickers, handbills, or other lettering so as to be visible on the outside of the building or the premises.
20.Tenants will never go on the roof of the building for any reason.
21.Waterbeds and weight lifting equipment are prohibited at all times. Air conditioners, microwave or other ovens, space heaters, hot plates, washers, dryers, and refrigerators beyond those supplied by Landlord are prohibited without prior written permission of Landlord.
22.Lofts in the premises are prohibited.
23.Smoking is not permitted at any time in the building, including entrances, driveways, all grounds, and including the premises.
24.Tenants will not remove batteries from smoke detectors or in any other way disarm them.
25.Possession, sale, or use of any illegal drug or drug paraphernalia in the premises or the building is prohibited.
26.Landlord provides light bulbs for all ﬁxtures at the beginning of the Lease term. Tenants will replace light bulbs in all lighting ﬁxtures in the premises during the Lease term, and will leave working light bulbs in all lighting ﬁxtures at the end of the Lease.
27.Possessing, using, or storing lethal weapons anywhere in the building is prohibited. "Lethal weapon" is deﬁned as any deadly weapon which, from the manner used, is calculated or likely to produce death or serious bodily injury. This includes, but is not limited to: all ﬁrearms, hunting knives, switchblades, bows and arrows, machetes, or other knives.
28.Tenants are required to carry a renters policy at all times of their residency. Renters policy must specify Bell Properties, Inc. 440 E Huntington Dr., Suite 300 Arcadia, CA 91006 as additional insured, with a policy of $100,000 coverage. In case of building ﬁre or other disaster, owners insurance does not cover tenants personal belongings. If policy is found to be inactive at any time, tenant will be mandated to re-instate it and pay a ﬁne of $50 up to $250 depending on time lapsed without insurance.
29.Maintenance requests shall be submitted in writing to Landlord, using your tenant portal at www.BellPropertyMgmt.com. Speciﬁcs of the problem, to the extent possible, shall be included in the request. Emergencies that could cause damage the property, or aﬀect habitability should be reported using the 800 number, provided in your tenant handbook. Tenants are strictly liable to reimburse Landlord for repair of any damage caused by violation of any of these Rules by Tenants or by their guests.
30. No Guests: Any visitors staying in your property for more than 7 days are required to be on or added to your lease. Occupants found to be residing in your leased property for more than 7 days will violate the terms of your rental agreement.
We, the undersigned, state that we have received these Rules and Regulations, that we have had a chance to read them, and that we understand them. We understand that these Rules are a part of our Lease, and we agree to comply fully with all of the requirements of our Lease, including these Rules and Regulations.