RULES, REGULATIONS, AND MANAGEMENT POLICY
To benefit all residents and to insure proper use of both the rented premises and the entire building, Tenants agree to comply with the following Rules and Regulations. These Rules and Regulations are part of Tenants' Residential Lease Agreement, or month to month agreement.
- Tenants will use the premises for residential purposes only; will not conduct any business in or from their premises; will obey all laws, ordinances, and health regulations; and will do nothing that may injure the reputation or condition of the building or its owner. Solicitation of any kind, by guests or Tenants, is prohibited at all times.
- Tenants will not do anything or keep anything in or about the premises that in any way will increase the risk of fire or that may conflict with fire or insurance regulations.
- Tenants shall respect the rights of all other tenants/occupants of the building to peace and quiet and will not disturb any of them unreasonably by shouting or other loud use of his or her voice, with noise, music, radios and televisions, odor, or in any other way. All abusive, disorderly, violent, or harassing conduct by a Tenant, including but not limited to abusive and/or foul language, sexually explicit comments toward tenants, occupants, on-site management, maintenance staff, or management is prohibited and is grounds for immediate termination of tenancy. Likewise, vandalism of any kind by a Tenant on or to Landlord's property is prohibited.
- Tenants are responsible for the behavior of any and all of their guests, visitors, and invitees. Such persons may not break Tenants' Lease or these Rules and Regulations. Tenants are responsible to pay for any damages or clean-up resulting from the conduct of their guests, visitors, and invitees.
- Except for controls in Tenants' premises, intended for Tenants' use, Tenants will not operate any other controls relating to the building's utility services without the expressed, written, prior approval of Landlord. This includes but is not limited to heating and air conditioning, water and sewer, gas, electric (including lighting), elevators, laundry, or other equipment, and Tenants will not enter the boiler/furnace/water heater room.
- Tenants will not obstruct entrances, public areas, hallways or other corridors, stairs, exits, elevators, lobbies, driveways, parking areas, walks, or fire escapes.
- Tenants will not drive any nails or screws into walls, floors, tiles, ceilings, woodwork, or partitions; will not drill holes or fasten any article on any part of the premises, or damage or deface the same. Pictures may be hung, provided that only small size "a" type “Bulldog" type hangers or push pins are used. Use of tape, glue, or adhesive of any kind is not permitted. Nothing, including clothes, towels, pictures, or any other item, shall be hung from ceilings, pipes, sprinklers, or any fixtures of the premises. Damage to the building will be billed to tenant.
- Unless modified by the Lease, animals are not allowed at any time, under any circumstance, except for legally authorized service animals, approved in advance.
- Tenants will not add or in any way change locks or keying.
- No furnishings may be taken from the premises and put in halls, basement, or on porches or balconies without prior consent of Landlord, even for limited times. No blinds, shades, or screens shall be attached to, hung in, or used in connection with any window or door of the premises without prior written consent from Landlord.
- Tenants will not varnish, paint, paper, or otherwise decorate any walls, floors, doors, woodwork, or cabinets without prior written permission of Landlord. All restoration costs (even if decoration was with permission) will be at Tenants' expense, but must be approved in advance, and supervised by Landlord.
- No vehicle or bicycle shall obstruct a drive or in any way interfere with others' access thereto, nor shall they be parked on lawns, shrubberies, patios, walkways, or lawn extensions. Bicycles may not be brought into the premises without prior consent of Landlord. Vehicles shall not be repaired, lubricated, or washed on driveways or in parking areas of the premises. Any vehicle of Tenant or of Tenants' guests or invitees that leak oil or hydraulic fluid (which damage blacktop) must be removed, and Tenant is responsible for any cleanup (including environmental cleanup, and repair.
- Tenants will act reasonably to conserve water and energy, and will report running toilets and faucets to Landlord for service. Tenants will not make unreasonable use of heat, leave windows open during cold weather, or leave televisions or other permitted devices on and unattended. Tenants will not remove screens and/or storms from the windows, even briefly.
- Tenants will not install any aerial or antenna, and they will not erect or use any radio transmitters in the premises without both appropriate filters and prior written permission from Landlord.
- Tenants will use toilets, tubs, and sinks only for their primary purpose and will never use them to dispose of sweepings, rubbish, rags, garbage, sanitary napkins, or other items likely to clog them. Tenants are liable to pay Landlord for any expense it incurs for repairing damage (including unclogging toilets and drains) caused by Tenants, their guests, or invitees. Tenants will not be reimbursed for vendors directly hired, all vendors/repairs will be managed by BPI.
- Tenants will keep/store any personal property only in their premises or in such space as Landlord may assign them in writing, but storage of kerosene, gasoline, or other flammable or explosive agents is always prohibited. Landlord is not responsible for any items left in the premises at the end of the Lease term.
- Trash and garbage (including recyclables) always shall be placed in the trash and recycle containers provided by Landlord, and container lids, if any, must be kept tightly closed at all times. In a single family home (including premises in duplexes), Tenants will put their trash cans and recycle bins curbside for the City's scheduled pick-up, and will return cans and bins to their normal non-curbside location the same day. We encourage tenants to report any residents found to be littering.
- Tenants will perform reasonable housekeeping in their premises to maintain them in a clean, neat, and sanitary condition. Tenants will ensure proper ventilation of all areas where water is used. Mold or Mildew caused by tenant neglect will be tenants financial responsibility and could be cause for eviction/collection. Tenants will be responsible to keep the laundry area clean after their own use.
- Unless expressly permitted by Landlord in writing, Tenants shall not display any signs, flags, pennants, placards, advertisements, notices, pictures, ornaments, stickers, handbills, or other lettering so as to be visible on the outside of the building or the premises.
- Tenants will never go on the roof of the building for any reason.
- Waterbeds and weight lifting equipment are prohibited at all times. Air conditioners, microwave or other ovens, space heaters, hot plates, washers, dryers, and refrigerators beyond those supplied by Landlord are prohibited without prior written permission of Landlord.
- Lofts in the premises are prohibited.
- Smoking is not permitted at any time in the building, including entrances, driveways, all grounds, and including the premises.
- Tenants will not remove batteries from smoke detectors or in any other way disarm them.
- Possession, sale, or use of any illegal drug or drug paraphernalia in the premises or the building is prohibited.
- Landlord provides light bulbs for all fixtures at the beginning of the Lease term. Tenants will replace light bulbs in all lighting fixtures in the premises during the Lease term, and will leave working light bulbs in all lighting fixtures at the end of the Lease.
- Possessing, using, or storing lethal weapons anywhere in the building is prohibited. "Lethal weapon" is defined as any deadly weapon which, from the manner used, is calculated or likely to produce death or serious bodily injury. This includes, but is not limited to: all firearms, hunting knives, switchblades, bows and arrows, machetes, or other knives.
- Tenants are required to carry a renters policy at all times of their residency. Renters policy must specify Bell Properties, Inc. 440 E Huntington Dr., Suite 300 Arcadia, CA 91006 as additional insured, with a policy of $100,000 coverage. In case of building fire or other disaster, owners insurance does not cover tenants personal belongings. If policy is found to be inactive at any time, tenant will be mandated to re-instate it and pay a fine of $50 up to $250 depending on time lapsed without insurance.
- Maintenance requests shall be submitted in writing to Landlord, using your tenant portal at www.BellPropertyMgmt.com. Specifics of the problem, to the extent possible, shall be included in the request. Emergencies that could cause damage the property, or affect habitability should be reported using the 800 number, provided in your tenant handbook. Tenants are strictly liable to reimburse Landlord for repair of any damage caused by violation of any of these Rules by Tenants or by their guests. Tenants are not allowed to make alternations or repairs, and all maintenance will be evaluated and performed by BELL staff, vendors and no alterations or repairs will be authorized/paid for outside of this maintenance process.
- No Guests: Any visitors staying in your property for more than 7 days are required to be on or added to your lease. Occupants found to be residing in your leased property for more than 7 days will violate the terms of your rental agreement.
- Missed Appointments: Should tenant schedule a maintenance appointment and be more than 10 minutes late, unavailable or otherwise not allow entry, tenant will be billed $100 missed appointment fee if not cancelled 48 hours, or two business days prior to appointment time. The only acceptable method of cancellation is by phone. Monday appointment would need to be cancelled by Thursday. Emergency repairs & entry will be made without resident appointment or consent.
- Communications: Residents understand and agree to opt-in to texting messages. Text line is not monitored after 5pm weekdays, or anytime during the weekend, text line does not receive telephone calls. Texting is to be utilized for short communications, i.e. reminders. All vital communications are to be by phone or submitted through resident portals. Emergencies should be reported to 911 then 800-341-3281. Residents understand and agree that BPI (Bell Properties Inc) records all telephone conversations and stores them in the resident account.
REVIEW YOUR LEASE CONTRACT AND RESIDENT PORTAL CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES RELATED TO YOUR TENANCY.