Move Out Cleaning Addendum
Move Out Cleaning Addendum
Below are the guidelines for your move out. Following these instructions will help you maximize your security deposit refund.
All floors are to be cleaned thoroughly. Damp mop all hardwood floors (Do not use an excessive amount of water because it will cause the floor to buckle)
1. Damp mop all vinyl and tile floors. Do not use wax.
2. Carpets must be professionally steam cleaned and a paid receipt will be required with keys to the property. Rental machines and NOT acceptable. If you had a pet in the home a pet enzyme should be placed down by the carpet cleaning company as well.
3. The fireplace, if used, must be cleaned by a Professional Chimney Sweep, If not used, it Must be inspected by a professional Chimney Sweep and a Certified Clean paid receipt provided when keys are submitted.
4. The return air filter(s) must be changed. Clean the cover and surrounding area. Clean all floor/or ceiling vents.
5. Any noticeable marks on the walls are to be cleaned, if you used large nails or anchors to hang pictures, etc. you will need to spackle the hole, sand the location, and restore the wall to its original appearance. If painting is necessary, a color swatch will be needed to match the paint.
6. All windows are to be washed inside and outside. All screens are to be in place and free of holes. Windowsills must be wiped free of dust and bugs.
7. All appliances are to be cleaned thoroughly, inside and outside.
8. The range must be free of grease and crumbs.
9. The broiler pan, oven racks, and oven drawer must be free of grease and crumbs.
10. The drip pans must be cleaned and if unable to be cleaned they must be replaced.
11. The refrigerator must be cleaned thoroughly, including the rubber seals, coils and drip pans. (Please INSURE that the doors are left open to prevent mildew)
12. All cabinets and drawers must be washed inside and outside.
13. All floors around and under the appliances must be mopped.All baseboards, door jams, and ceilings should be wiped free of dust, cobwebs and food. All closet floors and shelves must be cleaned.
14. Bathroom(s) All surfaces must be scoured and disinfected. No mildew or soap scum should be present.
15. All cabinets, including the medicine cabinet, must be washed inside and outside.
16. Mirrors must be cleaned.
17. All faucets must be cleaned.
18. Pipes must be dust free
19. Ceiling fans and light fixtures are to be cleaned inside and outside. All Burnt out bulbs must be replaced.
20. The garage and/or carport must be swept. The utility room must be swept and free of debris.
21. The yard must be mowed, raked and edged. Gutters must be free of leaves and pine needles. Walks and driveways are to be edged and swept. Shrubs are to be trimmed. ALL TRASH MUST BE REMOVED FROM PROPERTY.
22. Remove all excessive dirt and cobwebs from exterior of the home.
23. Bare spots and holes caused by pets, vehicles, and or children’s toys must be filled in, leveled, fertilized and seeded.
24. All personal belongings must be out of the house before arriving to perform your inspection.
25. The utilities MUST be on during inspection and must remain on until the house has completely passed inspection. Failure to have all utilities on will result in an additional inspection and rent will be due until the inspection is completed. You will be required to have the utilities turned back on in your name.
26. When moving, DO NOT PARK or DRIVE the moving truck in the yard. This could result in damage to water/sewer lines.
27. If, for any reason, the house is not completely ready for inspection upon arrival, you will be charged a $75 re-inspection fee. NO EXCEPTIONS! Tenants will continue to be charged rent for the period the property has not passed the inspection. You may postpone and reschedule inspections with reasonable notice (24 hours or more).